Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Story by Robert McKee

I had to read this book for a screenwriting class, which was happening right around the same time that that awful movie Adaptation came out. In the movie Nicolas Cage goes to one of Robert McKee's screenwriting seminars (though it's not actually McKee; he's played by the actor Brian Cox) and manages to arrange a one-on-one with him. I'm not sure if that's why the teacher chose this book for the classhe specifically mentioned Adaptation when introducing the bookbut it's actually a pretty great tool if you're trying to write a screenplay. I guess that's what I'm trying to sayeven though the author is portrayed in a terrible movie (I realize a lot of people really like itthey're just misguided), his book is pretty useful for people who wish to avoid writing terrible movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment