Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nine Ways to Disappear by Lilli Carre

Another book by one of my favorite new comic artists, Lilli Carre, author of Tales of Woodsman Pete. This book is pretty tiny, about five inches square, which makes it extra adorable and lovely.

I love her drawing style, and the storytelling is strange and whimsical and weirdly funny. The stories in this book are exactly what the title describes: nine short vignettes, each about objects and people drifting out of sight.

From things flowing down a storm drain, to shrinking people, the stories and illustrations are beautiful and surreal. I probably read this all in one sitting, and the more I flip through it, the more I'd like to read it again.

1 comment:

  1. Lille Carre is AMAZING! Have you read her contributions to the old Fantagraphics MOME anthology?! Incredible work.

    ReplyDelete