Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How to Prepare Artwork for Letterpress and Lithography

I picked up this pamphlet at an estate sale last summer. The woman who it belonged to was an artist, and she had so many wonderful books and furniture and things that I almost hated to take anything (okay, not really). While I'm not sure that I'll put this instructional brochure to practical use, I was quite taken by the illustrations found within. And who knows, perhaps one day I'll learn how to use a letterpress.

Most of the interior pages are this nice combo of black, white, and blue,

with a mixture of photographs and illustrations.

Then there is this lovely line drawing of a printing studio superimposed with blocks of bright colors on the inside back cover.

More blocks of colors on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment